1 Aralık 2009 Salı

call of duty freeze problem

Games Freezing, Odd Colours, Sound Repeating, Unresponsive
Hey,

So here's the gist of things. When playing Modern Warfare 2 or Counter Strike Source, the game will freeze, the display will go... crazy? There are weird colors everywhere, and dots and lines, a blip of the sound repeats, and the machine becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to get back to normal is to hard reboot the machine.

Here are some photos from my phone:
http://img.loldepot.com/676d4cea4825db9c50da5.jpeg
http://img.loldepot.com/83f9428732800718d1a03.jpeg
http://img.loldepot.com/68b53744e19046c5054f6.jpeg
http://img.loldepot.com/ba4dde9e95f506d4ad20.jpeg

Here are my system specs, generally:
Quote:
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+
RAM: 3 GB DDR2 PC-6400
Video Card: EVGA 9800 GT 512
Here is my dxdiag: (I've also added it as an attachment.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/310395689/DxDiag.txt.html

I have:
uninstalled/reinstalled video card drivers
reformatted

If it's any use, I was also getting the "nv4_disp" error quite often for about 4 days. Then it seemed to disappear, didn't see that problem for a bit, then this started. I reformatted after the 5th time it happened, tried it again and it is still happening.

Thanks in advance!

---------------------------fix-------------------
I am in shock. Complete shock.

I got the machine back, had a little problem with the BIOS being set to boot to disc, not HD. I fixed that in a minute; the guys at the shop accidentally took my XP disc again, haha.

So, it booted up for the first time at home. It had a brand new 8600 GTS inside, which was the original card this machine had been purchased with. It was under warranty, etc, and they popped in a new one, installed the drivers and gave it back to me.

Apparently, they didn't test it.

In both MW2 and CS Source, the texture replacement thing had happened, along with the freezing, sound stuttering and repeating; and I had to hard reboot the machine to get back to the desktop with normal functions. But, there were no artifacts or funny colours like the previous times. There is still an obvious problem, it's like... it's still pork, just with a different spice.

I stared in amazement, and screamed "WHAT?!"

This doesn't make ANY sense.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE?

Edit: Nvidia released new 8 series drivers on the 26th.
Updating did nothing at all. Problem still continues. I have found not one person with the same problem or any information relating to this problem.
-----------------------fix-------------------

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder